- 120 g millet
- 30 g almonds
- 400 ml milk
- 240 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 30 g cane sugar
- 1 Tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Replace the almonds with walnuts
- Sieve the millet, rinse with hot water and drain.
- Chop the almonds and set aside.
- Heat the milk, water and cinnamon stick and simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the drained millet, sugar, lemon zest and salt and simmer for 25 minutes. Then leave to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Then roast the almonds in a pan until light brown and set aside.
- Put the pears, lemon juice and vanilla sugar in a saucepan, cover with water (about 150-200 g) and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Put the millet porridge in a bowl and serve garnished with pears, toasted almonds and maple syrup.